Am I the only one who buys fruit only to let it go bad? I try to be healthy so I buy apples. I don’t really like apples though. So what happens is they sit in the fruit bowl until they go bad. Well, not today! I love the combination of apples and chicken so I took out my crockpot and decided to do just that. The brown sugar balances out the balsamic vinagrette and the subtle apple flavor just makes me happy. Feel free to substitute the apple with apple juice and add any other spices you see fit.
Slow cooker Apple Balsamic Vinaigrette Chicken
- 1 apple, sliced (or can use apple juice)
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of balsamic vinaigrette
- tsp rosemary
- tsp oregano
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 5 chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp cornstarch mixed in 1/4 cup of cold water
- Place your chicken in your slow cooker (I put mine in frozen) and sprinkle it with the rosemary and oregano.
- Pour in the balsamic vinaigrette with the chicken broth and sprinkle on that brown sugar.
- Create a slurry with your cornstarch and water and pour it in.
- Slice up your apple (I would recommend slicing them thicker than pictured) and put your slow cooker on low for 4-6 hours.
Simple recipe, right?! I also added green beans into my crockpot the last two hours so I could feel good about myself. With a side of french bread it was a delicious meal.