So my MIL and I have been making some pretty good dinners lately. We’re staying at Ceth’s parents house until we can find a place here. It’s been so fun. And so yummy too! Carol makes the best salsa and to keep it up, we just planted our salsa garden! I am so excited to see it grow! Positive vibes, come our way please. I’ll be pretty dang sad if our garden doesn’t work out because it’s becoming one of my favorite hobbies. Don’t worry, cooking will always be my favorite. Calvin kept taking turns between working on building the barn with papa and Ceth and gardening with Carol and I. Pretty cute, eh?
This salsa is a great snack/side/whatever you want for Summer. It’s starting to get a lot more hot here so this refreshing snack does the trick for me. We had it with chips to snack on but we also had it on top of these yummy corn tacos with avocado, ground turkey, cheese, beans, lettuce, the whole get-up; with lots of salsa on top.
My MIL’s Salsa
You can scale down if you’d like. This makes a lot of salsa- we like to snack on it for a few days!
- 1/2 cup to 3/4ths, on preference, Cilantro
- 8-10 Tomato
- 2 Bell Peppers each- Green Yellow, and Orange
- 1 Red Onion
- One bunch of green onions
- Garlic, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- banana peppers (optional)
- Jalapeno (optional- we’re kid friendly here.)
- Splash of lime juice
- In a blender or food processor separately pulse peppers and red onion. If you do it together, it will lose it’s color which is not a big deal but it’s a lot prettier.
- Pulse half the tomatoes, chop the other half, and drain them.
- Chop the green onions.
- Add salt and garlic- a little bit at a time. Taste as you go so you can stop at whatever your preference is.
- Have with chips, tacos, or snack on it with just corn tortillas like us. 🙂
As I said in my last blog post, I’ve been struggling to find some good summer meals because I’m all about comfort meals. But I have some reaaallly yummy recipes up my sleeve now that I’ve been switching from my Winter cooking mode to my Spring/Summer mode and I can’t wait to cook them and share them with you all.
I’m thinking about making my Lemon-Lime Key Lime Pie. I’m loving trying all these refreshing eats.
Please, if you need a snack or a new salsa to try on Taco Tuesday, try this one. It’s addicting!